- CHEMISTRY as a subject at undergraduate level started from 1966.
- Honours classes started from the session 1973-74.
- The department has Traditional System in second year and third year and CBCS systems in first year at UG.
- The courses are updated and modified in UG keeping the need of the society and regional / National needs by the respective University.
Department of Chemistry is having the following infrastructure facilities to cater the needs of Chemistry students.
- Class Room €“ 01
- Laboratories €“ 01 (U.G)
- Staff Room €“ 01
- Garden €“ 01
- Store €“ 02
- Toilet €“ 02
- Computer System €“ 02
- Internet Facility €“ Wi-Fi
FACILITIES FOR STUDENTS
- Class Rooms with proper chairs/ LCD Projectors.
- Internet facility for students in the department with Wi-Fi.
- UG Library for students (seminar library).
- Aqua guard in Laboratories: safe drinking water facility.
- Toilets for students in the department.
- Reading and Reference facility.
- Question Bank in the College/Department.
- Weekly Departmental Seminars.
- Annual Day Celebration: Cultural Activity.
- Annual seminar bulletin and Wall Magazine.
LABORATORY INFRASTRUCTURE: INSTRUMENTS
5.Single pan Balance
8. PH Meter
11.Melting Point Appartus
12. Glass Apparatus