The National Cadet Corp (NCC) is one of the largest youth organisation in the country imparting training to the young men and women in different educational institutions with a view to mould them to be self-confident, self disciplined, self-reliant and self respectful. It was established in the year 1917 and was started in the year 1948.
The NCC Unit of Shailabala Women€™s College was raised in October 2015. The present NCC unit of Shailabala Women€™s College is functioning under 1 (O) Girl€™s BN. NCC, BBSR with the sanctioned strength of 50 out of which 18 cadets were enrolled in 2015-16 and 16 cadets were enrolled in 2016-17 batch. From the day of its inception the unit has been actively functioning. Apart from regular institutional training, cadets have attended District Independence Day and Republic Day parades. They have also attended camps like ATC, CATC, CTC, ADVENTURE CAMP, NIC etc.
AIM OF NCC
The €˜Aims€™ of the NCC laid out in 1988 have stood the test of time and continue to meet the requirements expected of it in the current socio€“economic scenario of the country. The NCC aims at developing character, comradeship, discipline, secular outlook, the spirit of adventure and ideals of selfless service amongst young citizens. Further, it aims at creating a pool of organized, trained and motivated youth with leadership qualities in all walks of life, who will serve the Nation regardless of which career they choose. Needless to say, the NCC also provides an environment conducive to motivating young Indians to join the armed forces.
- To Create a Human Resource of Organized, Trained and Motivated Youth, To Provide Leadership in all Walks of life and be Always Available for the Service of the Nation.
- To Provide a Suitable Environment to Motivate the Youth to Take Up a Career in the Armed Forces.
- To Develop Character, Comradeship, Discipline, Leadership, Secular Outlook, Spirit of Adventure, and Ideals of Selfless Service amongst the Youth of the Country.
Motto of NCC
“Unity and Discipline€
The NCC is a responsive, learning and continuously evolving organization. Its activity is guided by certain core values that we endeavour to instil among all ranks of the NCC. These include the following:
(a) A sense of patriotic commitment to encourage cadets to contribute to national development.
(b) Respect for diversities in religion, language, culture, ethnicity, life style and habitat to instil a sense of National unity and social cohesion.
(c) Abiding commitment to learn and adhere to the norms and values enshrined in the Indian Constitution.
(d) Understanding the value of a just and impartial exercise of authority.
(e) Ability to participate in community development and other social programme.
(f) A healthy life style free of substance abuse and other unhealthy practices.
(g) Sensitivity to the needs of poor and socially disadvantaged fellow citizens.
(h) Inculcating habits of restraint and self-awareness.
(i) Understanding the values of honesty, truthfulness, self-sacrifice, perseverance and hard work.
(j) Respect for knowledge, wisdom and the power of ideas.
WE THE CADET OF THE NATIONAL CADET CORPS,
DO SOLOEMNLY PLEDGE THAT WE SHALL ALWAYS UPHOLD THE UNITY OF INDIA.
WE RESOLVE TO BE DISCIPLINED AND RESPONSIBLE CITIZEN OF OUR NATION.
WE SHALL UNDERTAKE POSITIVE COMMUNITY SERVICE IN THE SPIRIT OF SELFLESSNESS
AND CONCERN FOR OUR FELLOW BEINGS.
NCC Song Lyrics
Hum Sab Bharatiya Hain, Hum Sab Bharatiya Hain
Apni Manzil Ek Hai,
Ha, Ha, Ha, Ek Hai,
Ho, Ho, Ho, Ek Hai.
Hum Sab Bharatiya Hain.
Kashmir Ki Dharti Rani Hai,
Sartaj Himalaya Hai,
Saadiyon Se Humne Isko Apne Khoon Se Pala Hai
Desh Ki Raksha Ki Khatir Hum Shamshir Utha Lenge,
Hum Shamshir Utha Lenge.
Bikhre Bikhre Taare Hain Hum Lekin Jhilmil Ek Hai,
Ha, Ha, Ha, Ek Hai
Hum Sab Bharatiya Hai.
Mandir Gurudwaare Bhi Hain Yahan
Aur Masjid Bhi Hai Yahan
Girija Ka Hai Ghariyaal Kahin
Mullah ki Kahin Hai Ajaan
Ek Hee Apna Ram Hain, Ek hi Allah Taala Hai,
Ek Hee Allah Taala Hain, Raang Birange Deepak Hain Hum,
lekin Jagmag Ek Hai, Ha Ha Ha Ek Hai, Ho Ho Ho Ek Hai.
Hum Sab Bharatiya Hain, Hum Sab Bharatiya Hain.
THE NATIONAL CADET CORPS OFFERS
TO THE COUNTRY
- An outstanding symbol of National Integration.
- An excellent nurturing ground for future leaders of the country.
- A great reservoir of disciplined and motivated youth to contribute to the cause of nation building, people€™s care and better environment through service in all walks of life.
TO THE STUDENTS
- Opportunity for personal development.
- Incentive to achieve academic excellence.
- Opportunity to participate in adventure activities.
- Opportunity to travel abroad.
- No military liability.
- Easy terms to enter the armed forces, Military Nursing Service.
TO THE TEACHERS
- Status of service officers without Military Service liability.
- Opportunity to lead cadets in performing social service, adopt finer values in life and become better citizens of country.
- Opportunity to take part in adventure activities and Opportunity to travel abroad.
- Honorary commission after retirement up to the rank of lieutenant colonel in deserving classes
- The NCC
- National Integration
- Weapon Training
- Personality Development & Leadership
- Social Awareness & Community Development
- Health & Hygiene
- Environment Awareness
- Obst Trg
- Adventure Trg
- Armed Forces
- Map Reading
- Field Craft & Battle Craft
- Inf Wpns & Eqpt
- Mil History
- MIL Communication