- — Shailabala women€™s college is one of the premier and pioneer institution of our state which started functioning from the year 1913.
- —The Zoology department was started at under graduate level in 1968 and honours as a subject from 1973.
- — This department of the college holds the life to inculcate scientific temper among the science students and converts methodological attitude in to life.
- The department as a part of the college has Term End Examination System for UG ( IInd and IIIrd year) Students in each year and CBCS Pattern has been adopted from the session year 2016-17 (UG Ist year).
- The courses are modified and updated in UG keeping in mind the regional /national needs by the concerned University.
- Advance courses have also been incorporated in the syllabus both in Theory and Practicals.
Department of Zoology is having the following infrastructure facilities to cater the needs of both general Zoology and Botany (96) students.
- —Lecture Halls : 01
- —Laboratories : 02
- —Staff Room : 01
- —Museum : 01
- —Store : 01
- —Toilet : 01
- Computer system & Internet Facilities: Available
- —Class Rooms with proper chairs, LCD Projectors /OHP
- —Internet facility for students in the department with Wi-Fi
- —Well equipped laboratories
- —Seminar Library for Students for reading and references
- —Question Bank in the Department
- — Weekly Departmental Seminars
- —Wall Magazine : €œGLIMPSE€ is published in every month to initiate innovation and creativity among students
- —Publication of Seminar Bulletins annually
- —Proper Counselling done for Higher Studies
- —Annual Day celebration: Cultural Activity
- —Aqua guards in Department: Safe drinking water facility
- —Toilets for Girls near the department
—Greenify : Initiative by Zoology department to plant trees
—Cleanliness in the department and Campus : Creating Awareness not to use Polythene in the Campus
—Aquaguards in the department for staff and students : Clean Drinking Water
—Deputing students to National Laboratories/Field Tour for better exposure.