COMMENCEMENT OF THE COURSES
Undergraduate : 1980
Degree Pass Course : 1994
Minor Elective Course : 2004
Honours Course : 2008
Post Graduate : 2016
Goal of the Department
- To prepare Ideal teachers role, models and good citizens in the society.
- To prepare education professionals as agent of social change and to optimize Human Resource Development.
- To inculcate values in the children and to bring all round development.
- To prepare children to play lead role for the advancement of the discipline by undertaking context relevant research.
- To prepare children to meet the challenges of the society and contribute significantly for the development of the National Integration and International understanding.
- The Department as a part of the College has CBCS and TRADITIONAL system in UG and PG Courses.
- In the year 2015-16 CBCS has been adopted for +3 1st year UG & PG Courses.
Infrastructure and Learning Resources
Department of Education is having the following infrastructure facilities to cater the needs of students :
- Lecture Halls – 2
- Laboratories (P.G. & U.G.) – 1
- Staff Room – 1
- Store – 1
- Toilet – 3
- Computer System-3 with Scanner, Printer & Xerox
- The Department has its power back up system for the laboratory and a water purifier system for both staff and students.
- The Department has Internet facility for staff and students with Wi-Fi.
Best Practices by the Department
- Deputing Students to National level to participate in various competitions.
- Greenify :- Swachha Bharat, Eco-Club, Plantation
- Cleaniless in the Department:- Hygiene and Sanitation, Toilet facilities, Aquaguard.
- Completion of courses in time, conducting internal assessment, outreach programmes, proctorial classes, students mentoring and support, participation of students in National Level programmes etc.
- Seminar Bulletin €œEDUSAT€