- The Post Graduate Department of Home Science is one of the oldest department of S.B. Women€™s College, Cuttack.
- Honours teaching in Home Science was introduced in 1981-82 to 16 students.
- Introduced as Major Elective in 2006 with more than 100 non-Home Science students.
- Post Graduate Degree was introduced in the year 1983.
- M.Phil Course started in 2016.
VISION OF THE DEPARTMENT
- —Smart Class Room.
- —Pre-Doctoral Course
- —Training to the girls with available resources from Homebuilding to Nation Building.
GOAL OF THE DEPARTMENT
- —Prepare Home Science professionals as agents of social change to optimize human potential.
- —Play a lead role in contributing to the advancement of the discipline by undertaking context relevant Social Research.
- —No. of Lecture Halls : 04
- —No. of Labs : 02
- —Staff Room : 01
- —Store Rooms : 02
- —Toilet : 01
- —Seminar Library for Undergraduate and Post graduate and M.Phil Students. The library also include Journals, Bulletin and Master€™s Dissertation.
- —The department is making use of the latest technology in the form of LCD Projector, Laptop for the benefit of the students.
- —The department has its power back up system for the laboratory and a water purifier system for both staff and students.
- —The department has Internet facility for staff and students with Wi-Fi.
STUDENTS ENRICHMENT PROGRAMME
- —€˜Breast Cancer Awareness Programme.€™
- —On €˜PCOS€™
- —€œCrisis & Stress Management in Family Life€
- —€œLegal Rights of Women in India€
- —€œGuidance and Counselling of Adolescents€
- —€œTherapeutic Diet€
- —€œStrengthening Leadership in Women to Fight against Violence€.
- Workshops :
—€œUse of Knitting Machine for Textile Construction€.
ACHIEVEMENTS OF THE DEPARTMENT
- —Awarded Ph.D degree to 2 students, under the guidance of Dr. Jayalaxmi Das, Reader and HOD.
- —Launching of new syllabus for Post Graduate students on Choice Based Credit System.
- —Member of Board of Studies of various Universities for curriculum modification in U.G, P.G. & M.Phil courses and examination related programmes .
- —Member of SRC of Utkal University.
- —Evaluation of answer scripts of other academic institutions.
- —Faculty acts as Resource Person to other organizations & different colleges.
BEST PRACTICES OF THE DEPT.
- —Cleanliness of the dept. by the students
- —Giving First-Aid and Home Nursing Training to the students.