Hostel facility of the college
- Admission – Applicants for admission to hostel must apply in the proper form duly filled in and signed by them as well as by their natural gua’rdian, to the Principal of the college along with their applications for admission to the college. Seats will be allotted by the Principal.
- Control – Students living in the hostel will be considered to be under the direct control of the Head of the Institution to which the Hostel is attached not only during college hours but also at all other times during the college terms..
- Leave of Absence – Leave of absence from the hostel must in all cases be obtained 24 hours in advance either. from the Head of the Institution or from the Hostel Superintendent, as the hostel authority may direct. It will not be granted unless a written request is made by the parent or the guardian.
- Overstaying Leave – Should a boarder overstay leave (a) if she brin s a satisfactory written explanation from. her parent or guardian she may, at the discretion of the hostel authority, be excused (b) if no satisfactory explanation is produced she may be punished at the discretion of the Principal.
- Applicant for withdrawal should be made by guardians. No boarder will be permitted to leave a hostel without prior permission of the Superintendent who will ascertain that all dues to the hostel have been paid before leaving.
- Students living in the hostels attached to this college should apply to the Superintendent concerned, either at the end of the college session or within a specific time before the new session commences, if they wish to return. The application will not constitute a right but will be duly considered and if selected, the applicant will receive an instruction to that effect before the session commences.
- The hostels are closed during the vacations.
- Forbidden Practices:
The following practices are forbidden in all hostels :
- The introduction of any person unauthorised by the Principal / Superintendent into the hostel.
- The bringing of paper, periodicals not on the list of papers and periodicals approved by the Government into the Hostel Common Room or Library.
- Singing or playing musical instrument except during hours authorised by the Superintendent.
- The holding of any meeting except with the approval of the Superintendent. Boarding Arrangement – No boarder wil be permitted to have her meals in any part of the hostel other than the dining hall. Boarders are responsible for the furniture issued to them and are,required to make good any damage or breakage.
- Visitor – Only boarders are ordinarily permitted to enter the hostel premises. The following rules indicate the exceptions that may be made.
- Parents, local guardians and those visitors whose names are given in the admission forms by the parents are entitled to visit their wards during the visiting hours. Visitors will meet their ward on Saturdays and Sundays only from 4 P.M to 6 P.M. No visitors are allowed after 7 P.M. except in emergency cases.
- Identity cards will be supplied to the visitors and local guardians. Common Room – There should, if possible, be. a Common Room in the hostel, where a selection from the list of papers and periodicals approved by the Government will be placed. Rules for the ‘use of this Common Room should be framed by the Superintendent. .
- Hostel Dues – The hostel fees are collected on the 5th, 10th and 15th of the month. Boarders who fail to pay on or before the 30th will pay a fine of Rs. 10.00 for hostel dues. Boarders who fail to pay hostel dues in succeeding months will be penal.ised by the imposition of a further fine @ 5.00 per month until the dues are cleared.
- A student at the time of admission into the hostel will pay dues as mentioned in the prospectus.
- The internal management of the hostel rests with theSuperintendent. ,
- The hours fixed for study are 6.30 A.M. to 8 A.M. and 6.30 P.M. to 9.30 P.M.
- No boarder shall remain absent from the hostel dur.ing the study hour without the prior permission of the Superintendent. Frequent absence, however, will be treated as breach of discipline.
- Prefects will be nominated by the Superintendent and each prefect will help the different secretaries in various duties.
- Boarders should in all cases obtain the permission of the Principal through the Superintendent before joining any association or meeting outside the college.
- All movement set about by the students either for calling meeting or circulating notices or raising subscriptions must receive the prior sanction of the Superintendent /Principal.
- The Superintendent has the power of censoring all reading matters brought\into the hostel. The introduction of objectionable reading matter into the hostel will be regarded as a breach of discipline. Boarders are not permitted to use Iron, Heater and keep Radio &T.V. and such other devices in their room. Mobile phones are strictly prohibited.
- The Superintendents will be responsible for the maintenance of order and discipline and have the power to punish any border for breach of discipline. All cases of gross misconduct shall be reported to the Principal.
The following will be considered breach of discipline :
(i) Absence from the hostel without leave.
(ii) Continuous neglect of study.
(iii) Want of cleanliness and tidiness in the room.
(iv) Spitting in the rooms and verandahs and throwing torn paper and leaves on the verandahs.
(v) Absence from the hostel in the evening without prior permission of the Superintendent.
(vi) Writing on, or in any other way disfiguring the walls, doors or windows of the buildings.
(vii) Holding of any special meeting in the hostel without the approval of the Superintendent.
(viii) Misconduct of any other description.
Students may be removed from the hostel on the report of the Superintendent.
In case of communicable disease, the hostel authorities may expel the student from the hostel if she refuses to be isolated.
The local guardians are generally,allowed to take their wards out on permission of the Superintendent once a month.
All letters and communications etc. are to be sent and received through the Superintendent or Assistant Superintendent.
Boarders are not allowed to post their own letters. There will be a roll call in the evening after prayer at 6 P.M.
Complete silence will be observed in the hostel after the roll call. Students admitted ,to the college hostel are directed to give their telephone numbers and P.S. address where their guardians can be intimated in situations of emergency.
(I) A mess committee consisting of +3 2nd Year Arts and +3 2nd Year Science students will assist the hostel quthorities in running the mess in normal situation. The Superintendent is authorised to make changes, if required.
(ii) When a boarder falls sick, her sick diet is prepared in the mess, or if necessary is brought from outside according to the instructions of the Hostel Medical Officer. If the cost of the diet exceeds the cost of ordinary meals, the extra cost is realised from the boarder.
(iii) Boarders are entitled to get refund of their meal charges only at the rate of Rupees Four per day when they are absent from the hostel on leave for continuous 10 days or more with the written permission of the Superintendent.
(iv) Refund for absence from meal is adjusted to the accounts of each individual boarder, cash refund is not made.
(v) The guest meal charges will be collected in addition to monthly mess charges. .
(vi) Mess will function depending on the number of inmates on the reopening day.
Establishment Charges – When a boarder joins the hostel irrespective of the date of joining, she has to pay full establishment charges for that month. Also, if a boarder leaves the hostel in the course of the month she pays full establishment charges for that month.
Medical Supervision – The Medical Officer will ordinarily visit the hostel once a week.
Other rules and regulations regarding discipline in the hostels may be introduced by the Principal of the Superintendent. Hostel Union – The objective of the Hostel Union is to promote corporate life of boarders.
Annual function will be held collectively.
All boarder automatically become members of the Union meetings are held from time to time to arrange regular discussion on literary, social and economic subjects.
The affairs of the Union shall’ be managed by an Executive Committee constituted by elected representative.
All important matters relating to the mess, reading room, sanitation, hygiene, games, garden will be placed before the Hostel Executive, constituted by elected representatives for the different branches. The Superintendent will be ex-officio member of it. Its meeting shall consist of the following Secretaries and members in charge.
(i) Superintendent – Ex’-Officio Member and President.
(ii) Two Assistant Superintendents – Ex-officio Members.
(iii) One General Secretary.
(iv) One Assistant Secretary.
(v) One Garden Secretary.
(vi) One Health and Sanitation Secretary.
(vii) One Common Room Secretary.
(viii) One Mess Secretary, One Asst. Mess Secretary.
(ix) One Lending Library Secretary, One AsstSecretary.
(x) One Dramatic Secretary, One Asst. Secretary.
Any casual vacancy in the Executive Committee shall be filled by bye-election, but the President may nominate a member of the Union to hold that office till the bye-election is held. .
The meeting of the’ Executive Committee shall be. held at least once in each term.
No meeting of the Executive Committee should be held unless the President or the Vice-President is present.
The President may suspend or remove any member or office bearer of the Executive Committee if her work is not satisfactory or if she is guilty of misconduct or if it is necessary in the interest of the Union.
The action of the President shall be final and it cannot be raised or discussed In any meeting of Union or the Executive Committee. Any amendment of the constitution can be recommended by the Committee to the President provided it is accepted by two thirds of those present in the meeting or a special meeting cailed for the purpose.
No amendment can be proposed or discussed which will take away the powers vested on either the President or the Vice-President.
Notwithstanding anything contained in the constitution or the rules, the Superintendent has the right to veto all proposals made either by the Union or the Executive Committee to change or modify any of the provisions of the constitution or the rules.
(m) A boarder must on no account remove from the Common room any property e.g. papers etc. belonging or the Common rooms without the permission of the proper authorities.
(n) No noise or disturbance should be made in the Common room. (0) The opening hours of the Common room will be fixed by the Superintendent.
(i) A boarder can borrow books from the Lending Library on permission of the Superintendent and on payment of one fifth of the price of the book.
A boarder is entitled to keep the book in her possession till the summer vacation if she continues to stay in the hostel.
(iii) All books must be returned before a boarder leaves the hostel.
(iv) A boarder may be allowed .to retain a book during summer vacation
on depositing the full price of the book in the hostel office. Permission of the Superintendent must be obtained before the book is taken.
The Secretary, Lending Library, will invite application for books at the beginning of the session and the applications will be considered by the Superintendent to consultation with the Executive Committee.
(vi) In case of damage caused to the books, the boarder will be fined to the extent of the full price of the book.
(vii) All money realised as part of the price, full price and fines shall be utilised for the improvement of the Lending Library.
(viii) One of the Superintendents will be in charge of the Lending Library. She will be assisted by the Lending Library Secretary. The General Secretary will be in charge of overall supervision.
(ix) Residence Committee – There will be a Residence Committee comprising of the Principal, all Superintendents, Senior Members of the teaching staff of the college appointed by the Principal to regulate hostel affairs.
There are books donated to the Hostel Library, “Savitri Memorial” in the year 1994, Presently shifted to the College Library. These books are reserved for the students to be used as reference.
HOSTEL FEES, SUBSCRIPTION ETC.
(Subject to Change)
Head of the Account
|Old and New Hostel||
P.G.& S.C/S.T Hostel
|200 / pm||
Water Charges / Pump House
|20 / pm||20/pm|
|02 /’ pm||12 /am|
Annual Day Celebration
Hostel Caution Money
Mess Caution Money